Let’s think what unites your favorite mug and a chocolate dessert. The answer is simple – it’s an instant chocolate cake in a mug! I call it a cake, but you can come up with any other name. For example, a delicious brownie in a mug. Or, instant chocolate pleasure. Or you can go with brownie-only-for-myself. Well, you got the idea ☺
Quite often, when I want to take a pause and treat myself with something small and delicious, I go with this quick dessert and savor every bit of this chocolate pleasure.
So I decided to check the nutritional value of my instant brownie and it was exciting to find out that this chocolate treat pretty much fits the concept of “my happy dessert” ☺ This instant cake contains only 171 calories, 16% RDA of fiber and 13% RDA of iron (thanks to cocoa!).
All in all, if you are in need to satisfy try this delicious chocolate dessert – and don’t forget to use your favorite mug ☺
- All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp *
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Milk, fat-free – 3 tbsp
- Canola oil – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- In a small ball, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. The batter should be smooth, without limps in it.
- Transfer mixture to your favorite mug. Microwave on high for 40-60 seconds, until puffed.
- Serve and enjoy :)
- * Feel free to replace it with your favorite sugar or sweetener.
▪ Prep time: 1 min
▪ Total time: 2 min
▪ Serves: 1
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) points = 5
My hubby’s choice this week: