These amazing chocolate cookies are my new true love! I already made them several times, and each time everyone who tried these cookies went ecstatic, especially when they found out what was the main ingredient – black beans!
Try these cookies, and I guarantee – you will also fall in love with them! Soft inside, a little crunchy outside – these amazing chocolate chip cookies give you a whole range of gustatory experience. I assure you – you will not feel any bean flavor, and this is the beauty of these cookies.
A few words about the health benefits. Beans are a great substitute for butter. They are high in protein and fiber, relatively low in calories, and very low in fat. As a result, one cookie contains only 87 calories – and at the same time tons of fiber (14% RDA (recommended daily allowance)) and iron (12% RDA).
Just imagine – the more cookies you eat, the better it is for your body. Isn’t it a perfect dessert?
Black beans, cooked – 1 cup *
Peanut butter – 2 tbsp**
Milk – 2 tbsp ***
Whole wheat flour – 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder, unsweetened – 4 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Sea salt, coarse (for topping) – a pinch
* I used canned black beans (1 can, drained)
** You can use another nut butter – almond, cashew, sunflower, etc.
*** You can use any other milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Rinse the beans thoroughly in cold water. Drain them, add in a food processor together with peanut butter and milk. Blend until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. You will get a soft and a bit sticky dough.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form small balls, place on baking sheet, flatten slightly. Add a few salt grains on top to complement the chocolate taste. Don’t put too much otherwise you will end up with salty cookies☺
5. Bake for around 20 minutes. Set a side a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
▪ Prep time: 5 min
▪ Total time: 25 min
▪ Serves: 10
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) = 2
Do you like to accentuate chocolate with a bit of salt?
And how do you like the idea of a dessert made from beans?