Chocolate-dipped apricots & walnuts are delicious and elegant candies, which are surprisingly easy to make. All you need are three ingredients and a little bit of patience (for stuffing apricots with walnut halves) – but as a reward you will get amazingly delicious and very healthy dessert that looks festive enough to be served for special occasions!
Also, these candies are so good for your health! One serving (3 candies) contains vitamin A (30% RDV), fiber (15% RDV) and only 143 calories. The only problem is that you absolutely can’t stop – they are really yummy! I made them twice already, and they were gone in a few hours ☺ But if you are not like us and can control yourself, then you can store these candies in a cool place for a few days (or weeks?).
Dry apricots – 12 pieces
Walnut halves – 12
Chocolate, sugar free – 1 bar (3.5 oz / 100 g) *
* After making candies, you’ll have about half of chocolate left, but I prefer to melt more of it for easier dipping.
1. Prepare a baking sheet or any other board with a flat surface by lining it with parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
2. Stuff apricots with walnut halves. A small note – if your apricots are too stiff you can soften them by soaking in water for a few hours ahead of time. Then dry them and stuff with walnuts. One more hint – feel free to replace walnut halves with chopped walnuts, it will make it easier to stuff apricots of any size.
3. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl. Dip each stuffed apricot in the chocolate, swirling it for even coverage. Place candies on the baking sheet / board and chill in a fridge for approximately 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy ☺
▪ Prep time: 10 min
▪ Total time: 20 min
▪ Serves: 4
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) points = 4
What are your favorite candies? Do you like the idea of healthy substitutes for your favorite desserts?