Perhaps you have already noticed that most of my desserts are really easy and quick to make. While I certainly appreciate people who spend hours in the kitchen creating another dessert masterpiece, I am definitely not like them If you also like simple desserts, here is another one for you – a delicious apple casserole! And it takes around 10 minutes to make it (active time). Simple, fast and delicious – what else can you wish for? 😉
I bake this casserole very often, and it’s always gone within a few minutes! So I usually make a double batch at once. The casserole is perfectly stored in the fridge, it can be eaten cold, or you can serve it warm. For those looking for perfection – add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hmm, it’s a heaven!
Finally, a few words about the health benefits. Each piece contains only 135 calories – and lots of fiber, vitamin C and selenium. And, by the way, you will need only 2 tbsp of sugar as fruits and cranberries add enough sweetness.
Apples, medium to large – 2
Pear, large – 1
Cranberries, dried – 1/3 cup
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Eggs – 3
Oat flour – ¾ cup*
Orange juice – 2/3 cup
* You can finely grind ¾ cup rolled oats in a food processor instead. That’s what I usually do☺
1. In a skillet, sauté apples, pear, cranberries, and cinnamon until fruits are soft (around 5 minutes).
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients in the blender until smooth.
3. Grease a round cake pan (I am using a 9” pan). Pour a little bit of batter from the blender to cover the bottom of the pan. Then transfer the fruit mixture from the skillet over the batter. Pour over the remaining batter from the blender.
4. Bake at 425F (215C) for 20-25 min, or until a toothpick inserted into center of casserole comes out clean. Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
▪ Prep time: 10 min
▪ Total time: 30 – 35 min
▪ Serves: 6
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) = 4
Do you like dessert casseroles? What is your favorite one?