The week of final exams is coming, and I have to spend more time in the library studying, rather than in the kitchen baking my yummy desserts. But every cloud has a silver lining – I came up with a few quick and nutritious snacks that can be made on the fly! These are real life-savers for everyone with hectic schedule. Yes, I know, you can stock your purse with apples and nuts – but sometimes we want to have something special for a snack, right?
Talking about the benefits – these amazing no bake bars contain very little sugar, but at the same time they are high in fiber, protein and iron. Given ingredients are enough for two servings – but if you want, you can eat the whole thing – all by yourself. Hmm, sounds tempting:) Also these energy bars provide you with enough calories and nutrients to keep you satisfied for a long time.
Peanut butter – 2 tbsp*
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Agave syrup – 1 tbsp
Rolled oats – 3 tbsp
Sunflower seeds and shredded coconut – 2 tsp in total**
* I recommend organic peanut butter without added salt
** You can use any of your favorite ingredients – nuts, dried fruits, granola, chocolate chips – just limit them by 2 tsp overall.
1. In a small saucepan melt together peanut butter, coconut oil and agave syrup.
2. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients; mix well.
3. Wrap the mixture in plastic wrap and chill in a fridge for a while – or just grab it and go snack☺
▪ Prep time: 5 min
▪ Total time: 5 min
▪ Serves: 2 (or can be a single-serving)
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) = 7
Do you make energy bars? What are your favorite ingredients?