There is nothing better for a breakfast than a slice of fresh, flavorful zucchini banana bread with a glass of milk. Well, at least this my thought when I was indulging this freshly baked zucchini delight for a breakfast today ☺
I made a few twists to a regular recipe to reduce calories and make this dessert more nutritional, while still maintaining its wonderful taste. A bit more about the benefits: one slice of bread contains plenty fiber (11% RDA (recommended daily allowance)), more than 5 grams of protein – and only 180 calories! Check the nutrition value of a regular zucchini bread, and I am sure you will definitely go with my healthier version 😉
Zucchini – 1 cup (~1 medium)
Banana – 1 medium
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
Stevia – 2 packets
Eggs – 3 large
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Cinnamon, ground – 1 tsp
Nutmeg, ground – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Walnuts, chopped – ¼ cup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, stevia, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a food processor, combine oil, eggs, zucchini, and banana. Mix until well combined.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in.
5. Bake in a standard loaf pan covered with parchment paper (or sprayed with nonstick spray) for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
That’s it ☺
▪ Prep time: 5 min
▪ Total time: 65 – 70 min
▪ Serves: 8
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) = 5
Have you ever tried to make desserts with veggies? Carrots, beets, beans anyone?