Yay, it’s time for muffins! Today’s muffin recipe is special as these muffins contain the alliance of oatmeal, flaxseed, and bran as healthy substitutes for the flour. The diced fresh mango adds a great flavor and texture to these muffins, while cinnamon and nutmeg bring in an amazing aroma! After tasting one muffin, my hubby could not stop and ate 4-5-6 more, explaining that my desserts were always low-calorie and healthy, therefore these mango muffins also would be only beneficial for his health. Well, I like this approach ☺
A bit more about health benefits. These mango bran flaxseed oatmeal muffins are full of vitamin C (11% of daily value in one muffin) and iron (14% DV). All in all, these muffins are very moist, light (only 92 cal per each) and flavorful!
Mango – 1
Coconut oil, melted – 2 tbsp
Egg – 1
Milk, 1% – 2/3 cup*
Truvia baking blend – 4 tsp **
Brown sugar – 4 tsp
Oat flour – 1 cup***
Bran, oat – 3 tbsp
Flaxseed meal – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon, ground – 1 tsp
Nutmeg, ground – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
* You can replace it with a milk of your choice
** Not a fan of stevia? Replace it with 3 tbsp of your favorite sugar.
*** I usually grind rolled oats finely into flour
1. Preheat the oven to 380 F (190 C).
2. Combine first six ingredients in a food processor; mix well.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
4. Spoon muffin mixture into paper-lined muffin cups (or greased muffin pan). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
Remove from the pan, cool and enjoy.
Adapted from this recipe.
▪ Prep time: 5 min
▪ Total time: 30 min
▪ Serves: 10
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) points = 3
Do you prefer to replace the wheat flour with other ingredients? What do you usually replace it with?