Nothing compares to the soft, moist, full of aroma muffins from the oven. May be that’s why I bake muffins so often My favorite part is that you can endlessly experiment with components and always (well, almost) get amazing results! Our today’s muffins are the combination of a few very healthy and nutritious ingredients – zucchini and bran, rolled oats and flax seed. Amazing!
What do we get at the end? Moist and delicious muffins that are low in calories and very good for your health. Just imagine: while each muffin contains 11% daily value of fiber, vitamin C and iron, it’s only 89 calories per serving!
Zucchini, peeled – 1 medium
Banana – 1 medium
Eggs – 2
Oat (or wheat) bran – 1/3 cup
Rolled oats – ½ cup
Whole wheat flour – 1/3 cup
Flaxseed meal – 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp*
Truvia baking blend – 3 tbsp**
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
* I used canola oil.
** You can replace it with pure stevia or with 5 tbsp of any other sugar.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend zucchini, banana, eggs, oil, truvia blend (or sugar) and vanilla extract together.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
Spoon muffin mixture into paper-lined muffin cups (or greased muffin pan).
4. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until done. Remove from the pan, cool and enjoy.
▪ Prep time: 5 min
▪ Total time: 25 min
▪ Serves: 10
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) points = 2
What are favorite muffins?