I continue exploring desserts that do not require baking, and here is another great recipe for you to try. Fans of apples, enjoy! – this recipe contains lots of them ☺ This no bake caramel apple pie is easy to make, it contains just a few simple ingredients – and the final outcome is delicious! Every bite you take melts in your mouth – well, this happens with lots of frozen desserts ☺
From the health point, this apple dessert is rich in manganese, fiber (14% RDA per serving) and has only 120 calories per serving. This raw caramel apple pie is a nice option for a healthy summer dessert.
For pie crust:
Dates, pitted – 10
Walnuts – 1 cup
Rolled oats – 1/3 cup
Apples, medium, peeled, cored and chopped – 3
Dates, pitted – 8
Water – 1 cup, plus more for soaking dates
Cinnamon, ground – 1 tsp
1. Cover 8 dates with water (for filling), soak for 15-20 minutes.
2. For the pie crust: line the bottom of 8” tart pan with parchment paper, set aside.
3. In a food processor blend walnuts and rolled oats into a fine meal. Add 10 dates and process until the mixture is well combined. Press the dough into the prepared pan.
4. Put the pie crust in the freezer while you are preparing the filling.
5. For the filling: when the dates are finished soaking, discard the water. Add the dates and water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
6. In a skillet, sauté apples and cinnamon until fruits are soft (around 5 minutes). Pour the date caramel over apples and toss until the apples are evenly coated.
7. Remove the pie crust from the freezer and pile with apple filling.
8. Freeze the crust for 30-45 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
The recipe is adapted from the Oh, Ladycakes blog.
▪ Prep time: 30 min
▪ Total time: 30 min + >30 min for freezing
▪ Serves: 12
▪ WW (Weight Watchers PointPlus) points = 3
How do you like the idea of a raw dessert? What is your favorite one?